Thursday, March 4, 2010

Feel Good Inc.


Well, as much as it pains me to do this (in both good and bad ways), I must add a new band to my top 10. I'm not quite sure who I'd kick off at this point (most likely either Smashing Pumpkins or Arcade Fire), but a new band must me named... or rather, and old band who's always had a special place in my heart must be given the crown they deserve. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Gorillaz.

From a singer who had both of his eyes pushed into his skull in two separate car accidents involving the same driver, to a satanist bassist who hired a whale to keep the singer captive in his semi-underwater fortress (he suffers from a severe case of Cetaphobia (fear of whales)), to a drummer from Brooklyn who is a kind, soft spoken soul, (a preacher's son, actually) but battles with demonic possession, to a 10-year-old Japanese guitarist who is actually a secret weapon project for the Japanese military, there is no doubt that the Gorillaz have one the most interesting back story of any band, despite the fact they don't actually exist.

Did anyone notice the greatest run-on sentence I've ever written? It was a whole paragraph long. That's pretty impressive, I think.

1 comment:

  1. I heartily agree. The Gorillaz are an amazing invention. The concept behind them and their apocalyptic messages in their songs. From the animated band members to all their cryptic lyrics are simply amazing. I fell in love with this band long ago, and they still stand to date as one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete