Monday, March 1, 2010

Alive!

Today I truly felt like a teenager in all the best ways. I was wide-awake and able to focus on all my classes. I received my Chemistry test from last week, and discovered I did fairly well, which put me in a good mood. However, the single best part of today was when I went outside at noon, and discovered not only that it wasn't cloudy, but that the sun was shining in all it's glory, and it was warm! I was able to shed my jacket, and feel the sun on my arms for the first time since October, and it was fantastic. It really reminded me how much I'm looking forward to Spring. Knowing the crazy climate of this place, we could very well have a snowstorm tomorrow or something, but for now, I'm enjoying the fantastic weather.

Anyways, after breaking out my ultra-sexy sunglasses, and skipping play practice, two of my close friends and I drove into the city, and hit up all the music stores, making happy and glorious noise, cruising around the streets windows down and the speakers blaring, with a passion justified only by my young race. As the open window made my hair blow in the wind as I watched the sun set from the backseat of a Kia, wearing a pair of cheap sunglasses and a smile. I bonded with my friends, making stupid jokes and illegal traffic maneuvers, laughing off the danger. We're invincible! We could take on the world, and make it out grinning from ear to ear. I'm young, and I'm alive in a perfect day.

Anthem for today- Smashing Pumpkins, "1979"

No comments:

Post a Comment