Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter, 2010

I originally wanted to write a brief response to the film "American History X", but I realize that I'm not well-researched enough, I have very little actual experience with problems involving racism. I really want to talk about it, but I equally as strongly don't know how to.

Anyways, abruptly changing pace, today wasn't nearly as good as yesterday. I spent most of the day in a gloomy haze, forgetting items, being scolded, and generally not connecting with my friends or the world around me. It wasn't a fantastic day to say the least. This, however, was changed with a simple phone call from a friend. Just to talk. That's all it took. She called, asked me about my day, how I was, just ordinary things like that. She was the first thing to put a smile on my face after the entire day, and that, is no small feat.

Sometimes you have someone, and things just click. Something about the two of you just works out right, and there's no denying the chemistry. The rest of the world can see it, and you are overwhelmed by the reality of the dream you're living.

Look to the gray February clouds and smile. It's blue somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment