Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's all Perspective


Please take me away from here.

We parted, but both of us knew that it wasn't truly a goodbye. Just a glorified, "see you later". That didn't make it hurt any less though. I walked away in a haze, unable to accept my abrupt change in reality.

Please take me away from here.

You took the opposite path from me, just staring at the ground, feeling as lost as I was. Emotions quickly became a terrifying whirlwind, sweeping you away, and overriding conscious control. All the things you try to push away come to you in an instant, breaking your stride

Take me away from here.

I've lost my ghost. It's floating around somewhere I wish I was. Since then, I'm just some kind of shell for actions and shallow emotions, without a definite cause. Emptiness is worse than heartbreak.

Take me away from here.

Bright lights beckoning me home, and music so loud we have to talk with our eyes. Warmth builds up in my fingertips, and shoots up my arm before diving into my lungs. The steam from my breath is bright red, and illuminates the source of my warmth- A trembling hand.

Take me away. Take me with you.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if this is from personal experience- but then, what literature isn't?

    So, let's ignore that comment ...

    "Emptiness is worse than heartbreak." - I really love this line, because I can say that I truly understood it the second I read it- and that experience is one of the more cooler aspects of being a reader.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete