Monday, February 1, 2010

Up, Brother

I'm tempted to post lyrics and call it a night, but I did that last night, and I feel like that's kind of cheating.
Lets see... new semester, lots and lots of homework, but I think it'll be okay. I'm a smart guy and I can deal with it (when I'm in the mood, anyway). The first play rehearsal was today... my character doesn't even appear until over halfway through the play, but he does have a duet with a woman. We'll see how that goes...

I've been watching Full Metal Alchemist, and really enjoying it. I love the artwork, and I love the plot, and I'm very fond of every character, but my single favorite aspect of it is the relationship between the two brothers, Edward and Alphonse. Maybe in a weird sort of way because it reminds me of my own brother and I. I won't even begin to get into the dynamics of our respective relationships, but suffice it to say, even though we have our differences, and arguments, we've been there for each other since we existed, and we're not just brothers by blood, we're best friends. My brother and I have traveled together, weathered the birth of three siblings, gone through a divorce, girlfriends, rock bands, social scenes, arguments, and flat-out bad days. I doubt you'll ever read this, but if you do, Andrew, I love you, plain and simple. You're over there cursing me for keeping you up playing video games, but it's for your own good on some level and you know it as well as I do. I'll always be there for you, you know that, right?

1 comment:

  1. Times like these I envy you. I'm just starting to get to know my brother, but you know what? I'll always want to be there for him if I can. Even though I can't do anything much for him since he's older, married and has a kid. But I want to be a part of his life.

    ReplyDelete