Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Saftey Fog


It's been snowing again. It's April, and the ground is now under a foot of snow, and it's still coming down, very wet and heavy for snow. With any luck, school will be canceled tomorrow and I'll be able to justify staying up way too late.
Honestly, loss of the sun is really getting me down. I'd really like to be able to feel warm again... we had about a week of it and then it got miserable again. Oh well... at least this is a nice bit of moisture that'll make the later spring even greener and more lovely and alive.

On an unrelated note, I had an experience today that was very serene and calming, despite the fact that it really shouldn't have been. I was driving home on the highway, and the roads were quickly becoming much more dangerous and otherwise undrivable. It was weird though... I was in my little box of warmth in my car, driving slowly, making the trip home over a half hour long... there was snow and fog all around, and I couldn't see far in any directions. In retrospect, it was an extremely dangerous situation, but at the time it was just relaxing to be forced to be by myself and focus on my driving. Just clear my mind to work on a single task... despite the fact that I started to skid twice, felt calm the whole time. It was nice in a weird sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment