Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm back!

Wow. So much for my "never missing a day" posting rules... ah well, I suppose this is acceptable. On Wednesday there was a massive spring snowstorm knocking out power to everywhere within a fifty mile radius of here. It was a little chaotic, but the power was only really out from 2:00 am to 3:00 pm or so. I actually didn't mind that too much. It was sort of nice to be able to just relax, write a few letters, play my guitar a bit, chase my little brother around outside (a 2-year-old can move faster than you'd think in a snowsuit). The really annoying part was the fact that we lost internet for a full two days after that. The people in the town had it, but out here in the country the receiver for our internet was destroyed, meaning a new one had to be shipped from the city, and with the condition of things it took a little while.

Anyways, crazy weather aside it's starting to warm up again. The sun is shining, and the snow is already almost nearly gone (There was over 2 feet of it). I swear, there's really something to being able to run around barefoot, and then going down the zipline installed in my backyard (hooked up to the bucket of a tractor from a tree... say what you like about rednecks, we get the job done.) and using the momentum flying kick a snowman, exploding him everywhere. Truly, it's an experience that's totally impossible to imitate any other way. I pity everyone who doesn't experience all four seasons in such glory. Temperate climates make for boring playtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment