Saturday, January 23, 2010

Car Crash

Got in a car crash yesterday. Neither myself, the driver, or the vehicle were seriously damaged, but it was still a fairly startling experience. As ridiculous as it sounds, had things gone even slightly differently, the vehicle could have flipped, and I could simply be dead.
This isn't going to be some big revelation for me- I'm not going to change things, but it has got me thinking about mortality a touch, which I suppose is probably good.

The other thing I want to talk about is entirely unrelated in my post earlier this week "The Cure" I mentioned finding a cure to what hurts. In my situation, what hurt me was breaking up with my girlfriend of a year and a half. I've been single for about a month now, and it's starting to get to me. I feel lonely and uncertain of things sometimes, but when I'm with her, I don't feel those things... but I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just some sort of emotional placebo, not actually healing me, just giving me a positive distraction.

That's all for now. It's icy and snowing outside. There's a thick fog, and a frost on everything. It looks scary and unwelcoming... but it's home, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment