Saturday, January 16, 2010

Futures


Here we are. It's 2010. A time for new beginnings, and climaxes for the old ones. This is a year to change everything, myself included.
This is the new me, this is the clouds, and this is their story
2009 fades into nebulous dreams, as visions of 2010 begin to fill the universe. Lights and sounds reverberate with the magnitude of this new chapter. Things will never be the same.

This year my white world will be remade, created anew- The snow in my heart will be painted red, not with blood or suffering, but the spirit of my own passion. Never again this year will my heart beat softly: Every moment will be charged with excitement, romance, escape, and passion.

My cursed poet's mind, twisting reality to my own dark devices, like a cosmic pane of glass, distorting the images of life, will be purified by my heart. Blue, peaceful like the crisp winter skies. I don't need my own darkness- I have myself. Forever summer in soul, and forever free.

The voice I call my own will too be purified, hatred and vulgarity will cease to be produced by me. My bitter tongue will not lie, attack, or be spiteful. Innocence won't be able to return to me at this point, but that doesn't mean that kindness cannot.

Lastly, my hands. It goes without saying that I've done things I shouldn't, though I'm not a violent soul. Both tenderness and passion have been expressed by me, and this year, I plan to keep it that way. Honesty and emotion expressed in body and mind will not change. From fists to fingertips, I will let my hands carry through with the actions my heart and mind cannot.

As 2010 arrives in an explosion in the sky, dramatic and beautiful, uniting humanity in time as the planet spins onwards, toward an unknown future. Everything is uncertain, except for one thing- I'm alive, and this year, the world around me will know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment