Sunday, September 19, 2010

Don't Take it Apart

To all my artsy* friends out there who follow my blog: I have an assignment... nay, a challenge for each of you.
In the upcoming weeks, my band will be producing a four (or five) track E.P.. The content of this album is a modern disco-punk thing, with tracks generally having an upbeat, energetically charged feel to them. Think dance club music, but not awful. Also, with punk rock and synth licks.
Anyways, my assignment for you is this: In the simplest terms, we are in need of an album cover. There are two major things we want to try to avoid: Pictures of any or all of the band, and skulls/bleeding hearts, or things that are of a general macabre nature. The title of the album is-
Third Step - Don't Take it Apart EP

And that, is my challenge for you.

* even to my non-artsy friends, post your ideas in word form. I need any ideas possible for a cover to this album. I really want it to be able to catch people's eyes, and strike them as interesting.

Thank you for whatever help you may offer, and I'll put a streaming version of the album on this site once it's up.

1 comment:

  1. Okay... I will do my best to think of something, but honestly I really liked your idea for this title.

    ReplyDelete