Saturday, June 5, 2010

Presidancy speech.


Okay, so I seriously need every single reader to do this for me- NO EXCEPTION, I NEED THIS. All I want is a suggestion of how to end this thing. I've practically wrung my brain out over this, and I can't come up with anything. Ideas, anyone?

Please note the "Past, Present, Future" theme going here



Do you remember what it was like all those years ago? Think back, the first day of the seventh grade. The familiar walls and doors of the elementary where you had spent six years working your way to the top suddenly gone, replaced with lockers heavy textbooks, and people who were way bigger than you absolutely everywhere?
But you survived. If you're like me, you still aren't sure how, but you've made it as far as you have. Through homework, late nights, basketball games and all the drama, you made it.
And trust me, things only get better from here.
For those of you in high school already, I think we can all agree that this last year has been a pretty great one. High-energy pep rallies, some genuinely creative dances and activities that I think were a fantastic job on the part of the current student council.
But there's a kicker in this: It could be even better.
The biggest difference between Quincee Hoy and myself is this- This winter, she was on the basketball team, down on the court, making passes, scoring baskets, and making our town proud, cheering for the team. I, however was in the back of the stands, trombone in hand, waiting for a pause in the game so I could make a little noise to support the girls... and really, that's what I'm about in a nutshell.
It is not about the accomplishments or ideas of myself or the student council for presidency. The way I want things to be, we're just the ones to make the things you want to see real. I am the catalyst to your thoughts, and I will not give up on this promise.
Remember when we couldn't have a talent show this year? Some of us were kind of upset over that, we wanted to be able to showcase what we could do to the school. If this were my doing, I would have set up a stage on my own time, worked power, sound, accommodations, whatever it takes. For me, it's about going out of my way to give you the high school year that you always wished you could have.

5 comments:

  1. Chris, I think this is a really great speech. Though, I am kind of worried of you singling out just Quincee in your speech, I was tad worried about that. Other than that, I find it fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Miranda here. You should try to talk more about what you can do and get their excitement aroused more about the future that you can help create rather than about the differences between you and Quincee. Other than that, I'd vote for you... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also... it's presidency, love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, number one, I agree with the comments above. So you need to go ahead and follow those suggestions. I feel like the whole paragraph comparing you and Quincee is out of place here. It just has no need to be there at all. So, instead, describe yourself only and how you want to go about making these changes and why. Then it'll run right into the rest of the speech fluidly.
    In order:
    past- everyone
    present - everyone
    present- you and how you want to make a difference
    future - how it all comes together.

    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has pretty much told you what you need, so all that's left to say is- good luck!

    ReplyDelete