Sunday, November 14, 2010

Requires no Translaition

I had a moment today. It was a small moment, but it reminded me of why I am the way that I am, and more importantly, why I'm happy with what I am.

It was a trailer for a movie that I'm very fond of Lost in Translation (For those of you who have seen the movie, you'll already know that this trailer is very misleading. For those of you who haven't, watch it and then to watch the movie. It's amazing, one of those movies that really reminds you what it means to be human). Anyways, the tagline for the trailer is "Friendship needs no translation", a line that by itself could summarize a mission statement, a book, or even the reasoning behind a drastic change of scene.

I dunno... it's just one of those tiny things that really made me stop and think, and I liked the things it reminded me of, and how it made me feel. It's funny how I get sentimental over such mundane things.

The one, the only
~Chris

P.S. While ordering lunch, the waitress asked me if I would like to see the liquor menu, meaning I was mistaken for eighteen. I then realized that Friday was my half-birthday. Six months until I'm legally and adult. Crazy, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. 1- I've never seen that movie, we should watch it.

    2- You have waaaaaaaay too much time on your hands if you calculated your half-birthday.

    3-Some of the things that makes us feel the most genuine, and the most human, are the little things.

    ReplyDelete