Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jesse


This is a picture of my friend. Her name is Jesse, and she's just as good of a companion as she looks. She's friendly, kind, and understanding, all rolled up into a soft and adorable package.

Not everything is perfect about her though. She gets sad sometimes. It's because she's lonely. See, she has her own friend, Simon, but right now he's quite a ways away. Farther than she even really knows is possible. Jesse doesn't really understand why he has to be so far away, or even exactly where he is, but to her, those things aren't important. All that does matter to her is knowing what she wants, but what tragically isn't there. I'm just her friend, but I'm not what she really misses. I can talk to her, tell her stories about how brave she is, and some nights when she gets cold and lonely I hold her next to me, and we can close our eyes, and just be there for each other.

She has a dream though, and she's not going to give up on it. Jesse doesn't know too much, but she does know what's worth waiting for. She understands what she means to me, and that Simon feels the same way she does.

What Jesse doesn't know though is that I'm pulling for her, and there's a perfect spot in my backpack for her. We'll travel the world over to answer the questions on our minds... and that the world is smaller than a tiny puppy could ever really know.

3 comments:

  1. There's a story about Simon I should tell you. He's a pretty adventurous pup... I swear all he wants to do is climb mountains and swim seas to get to Jesse. He misses her, and is willing to do anything to be with her again. We should reunite them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better, life decides to correct me- and for a change, it is appreciated in all its wordy glory.

    ReplyDelete