Friday, August 20, 2010

Take Only What You Need From Me


Look, it's safe to say I miss you.

I've come to terms with this though, and I'm doing everything I can to change the reality that has been thrust upon us. This is not, and never will be something to take lying down.

After I'm caught, touch turns into fisticuffs

When the world gets rough, let my smile distract you
When you feel weak, let my fists fight for two
When fear is advancing, let my love blind you
When the hurt wants to consume, let my arms hold you

I felt you in my life before I ever thought to

When it began we were kids. Just kids. We had no idea what was going on, or what we were getting ourselves into. December 27, 2007. I told you I loved you for the first time. I fell asleep with a smile on my face that night. You were in my prayers, my thoughts and my intentions from then on. We danced with disaster, and fought the odds, and with luck, promises and hope we did it.

Maybe you just need a friend as clumsy as you've been

I made mistakes. I hurt you, and I was blind to it. Nineteen months of cautionary warnings, and strained feelings. We told each other it was better this way, but the Autumn wind never really had a chance to blow away Summer love. Through all the things I did, bad and worse, there's something that I was always amazed by. You held my hand no matter the sin, or the price that had to be payed for it. Sometimes I felt scared and alone, but when that happened you just gripped tighter.

Love you. You were all mine
Love me. I was yours, right?

1 comment: