Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Accidentally in Love

I'm not sure how I am right now. Really though, that's how I've been feeling for the past week in it's entirety. I mean, everything is great- I've got great friends, the weather's really nice, everybody's been in a good mood, I can stay up late, write songs, play video games, y'know, all the stuff that summer is about when you're seventeen.

Given the choice, I'd take heartache to heartbreak any time, no matter what. I mean, with heartache, it hurts just as bad... maybe even worse, sometimes, but you know that ll of the suffering is for a cause, and you know exactly what it is, and how it is. Just that it's far away, and you have to keep on playing by the rules of the game until you can finally come out a winner.



She says "What's the problem baby?"
"What's the promlem? Maybe I'm in love..."
"Love?!?"
"Yeah. I think about it whenever I think about it... can't stop thinking about it."

"Well, do you think you could cure this?"
"I wish I could cure it. I can't ignore this if it's love."
"Ah... I see. Dancing under blue skies, singing sticky-sweet love songs, all that, is it?"
"Maybe I should just surrender... it's be like strawberries for the heart, sweet and nourishing."
"You're going to give in? Just like that?"
"..."
"..."
"Maybe... maybe reluctance to give in should be... reconsidered?"
"It's funny. You aren't nearly as resolute as you play."
"Oh, shut up. And the way I see it, it's peaches."

1 comment:

  1. Cute. Great way to integrate the song to the convo bit. Keep holding on, you'll make it.

    ReplyDelete