Friday, June 24, 2011

Sidewalk



Today I had a moment of total unadulterated joy. I had just left a store about a block away from my car, and was walking back to it, when I thought `I don`t want to wear shoes right now. It`s a beautiful day, a gentle breeze and blue skies, I think I want to be barefoot`. So, I promptly kicked off my shoes and whistled a little tune to myself while the wind blew at my back, buffeting my hair about my face. My short walk was little more than a minute long, but it was a truly wonderful minute. It wasn`t just that it felt liberating physically to let my feet be free, but also that I simply didn`t have to care about anybody or anything around me. It was just me and a gleeful whistle.

I think I`m going to spend more time barefoot

No comments:

Post a Comment