Saturday, January 8, 2011

2700

Life can hurt sometimes. It knocks you down, and stands there chuckling while it watches you, cut and bruised trying to get back on your feet for one more punch.
However, as all good boxers know, it isn't over until it's over. I can't give up. I won't give up. I feel broken and confused, but I'm still staggering on into the next round. All the pain and the sounds of the crowd screaming my name... or maybe my opponent's (I can't tell at this point) aside, there's one thing that isn't impaired- my vision. The goal is still clear, the means are getting clearer, and the past is even more beautiful now than ever before.

I've got this... and my tricky right hook, the only thing I have left to deliver comes with the letters H-O-P-E emblazoned across the knuckles.

No comments:

Post a Comment