Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gravity Rides Everything


Things are looking up for me. I think I've finally broken out of that slump I was stuck in for a while. I don't know exactly how I got over it bu I did. I have hope again, and it's truly glorious.
It goes without saying that I still feel lonely, but I guess that's part of the ride that I strapped myself in for. It hurts, but at least I've gotten used to it, and the days are full enough to provide adequate distraction. Next week the marching band is heading to Spokane for a competition. I'm not sure exactly how it will turn out, but at the least we aren't being graded.

I have no idea what it is, but right now, alone in the dark, just me and my thoughts, the gentle thrum of the water heater in the background, I feel safe. I just feel like everything is... okay. Like it'll all work out, and I don't need to worry or be scared of what the future's gonna throw at me. I just keep my head up, and the rest will work itself out. My breathing feels soft and slow in my chest, and my heart is relaxed to match. It's really nice. It's not often I just sit down and have time completely to myself.

It's chilling to think that even though we're half the world away, when we look at the sky, we still see the same moon. It's not quite as bright as it is when we remember the way it looked when we were together, but it's almost as good.

With you, life is a perfect adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment