Sunday, August 7, 2011

Snowflakes


Beautiful, don't let the night in. Close the door, shut everything that isn't my voice out. Dim the lights, and lean against me. Let your heart be bound by my arms, let the cold of the air frighten you into my touch, let my fingers climb up your thigh, into the curves of your body.

Darling, call me to you. Watch me move, and shut everything that isn't my body out. Hold me against the night. Remind me what it feels like to be safe. To be loved. Let the clock spin, and let the world fade away. I want to feel you want me. To lose yourself in my body, and my heart

Die in my arms/Die in my arms

Sweetheart, as I watch the snow fall outside, twisting, dancing and falling, I pull you tight to my chest, and relish in existing in this moment. We let reality fall apart. We don't need rules or money. Fingertips and lips are more than enough for us. Feel the steam from my throat on your neck.

Lover, indulge in this feeling. Too soon, the morning will come, and this will be nothing but lingering nostalgia, growing sweeter, and tragically more false by the hour. This, here and now is the only thing that has to be real. Hold me against the winter. Hold me against the truth.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, never forget my love. Remember my smile, my laughter, my voice. Keep me 'til the new day breaks, and the night shines upon us all. We only need each other, let the world fight over us then. We're in this together. No matter the end. Hold my hand, and never let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to understand that I tend to be a dementor when it comes to romance- but even I can appreciate the passion behind this piece. It's very unbridled, which (in my humble opinion) is a bit risky for a writer, although in this case, I concede, it works quite perfectly. I like the poetry that seeps into your prose and I especially love the line: "I want to feel you want me." I kind of wish this piece was part of a larger story. Write more!

    ReplyDelete